I purchased a pair of Oakley Chamfer 2 eyeglass frames for $107.35 and sent them to 39dollarglasses.com to have lenses fitted and installed. I placed the lens order for $54.90 and mailed them in USPS Priority Mail. I called 6 days later to check on the status and the representative said he they never received them. I checked the tracking and it was confirmed that they were received. The representative proceeded to look for them and finally they were located. This leads me to believe if I hadn't called to follow-up they would have never been processed.
I finally received the glasses back and inspected them upon arrival. I found three separate cracks in the upper right portion of the frames. This was from incorrect measurement and fitting of the lenses, causing the structural integrity to be compromised and crack.
I called 39dollarglasses.com on March 16, 2016 to inform them of the situation. The initial representative, Venessa, explained to me that nothing could be done other then sending the lenses back and fitting them on one of there cheap frames. This would essentially leave me with a broken pair of Oakley frames that I spent over $100 on. She then explained that this was company policy and they weren't responsible for frames that they damaged. I asked to speak with a manager and David came on the phone. He basically gave me the same unreasonable answer with no resolve.
The business model this company has in place is unethical and simply should be illegal. You wouldn't bring your vehicle into a mechanic to have upgrades put on it only to have it returned in a damaged condition. The mechanic would be responsible for the damage as should this 39dollarglasses.com for the frames they broke.
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! READ THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ONLINE.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Insurance Plans Acceptance|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Quality of service and product
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Oakley Chamfer Eyeglasses
- Review category
- Eye and Ear Care
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "From: Me Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 4:42 PM To: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Customer complaint On 5/21/16 I came in for my eye exam. Store 0099 in Onalaska WI. I had picked out..."
- "after being told they dont ship your order until the company has 200-250 orders to ship i expressed concern for why they charge for shipping and how they can ensure..."
- "I purchased a pair of Oakley Chamfer 2 eyeglass frames for $107.35 and sent them to 39dollarglasses.com to have lenses fitted and installed. I placed the lens order for $54.90..."
- "So my boyfriends grandma likes her little cute snacks such as chocolate covered graham crackers from Starbucks. I figured she had some key lime pie flavored ones, so it's been..."
- "Angie's list received a complaint about my company, and I filled out the "conflict resolution" paperwork "agreeing" to meet the members demands. -Angie's list was supposed to remove the review. -Angie's list..."
- "I will never do business again with Michelle Evans or her Etsy shop MichiCouture. Here's why I'm very disappointed not only were they not bubble wrapped, only in a silky..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "I recently booked a Jetstar flight on eDreams.com. They sent me an email confirmation that said "The total cost of your reservation is $442.22. The details of the amounts charged..."
- "A coach USA bus almost killed my family and several in the cars around us today around 2pm eastbound on I-64 in Newport News Virginia. Driving way too fast for..."